ABOUT BELLATRX: GOING BEYOND EXPECTATIONS IN OUR PRODUCTS AND OUR PEOPLE!
At BellatRx, we celebrate 20 years of excellence as a global leader in the design, manufacture, distribution and service of Packaging machines and complete packaging lines.
ABOUT YOUR POTENTIAL NEW CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Reporting to the Electrical/Automation Manager, the Electrical Designer is responsible for all aspects of electrical design from concept through to the production of detailed drawings, including the development and validation phases of machines and assemblies. The Electrical Designer addresses all engineering, design, or manufacturability issues as they arise by performing root cause analysis, testing parts and assemblies, doing research, and performing studies. The Electrical Designer is also expected to provide technical support to all other departments as required.
HERE ARE WHAT YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES WOULD BE IF YOU JOINED THE TEAM:
- Concept generation of electrical designs for whole machines, lines, and assemblies.
- Creating electrical schematics and panel layouts in CAD software.
- Evaluating and selecting components (sizing of motors, sensors, wires, breakers, fuses, etc.).
- Producing electrical drawings and schematics.
- Validating and approving work of electrical drafters.
- Producing accurate BOMs.
- Developing assembly instructions for generated designs.
- Troubleshooting designs and machines by performing root cause analysis and other necessary investigations.
- Proposing corrective actions based on analysis and investigations.
- Documenting problems and solutions via NRCs, ECRs, reports, studies, etc., while using proper technical writing.
- Performing field research into the feasibility, design, operation, or performance of equipment, components, or systems.
- Instruct relevant departments about the proper electrical wiring and routing of a machine, line, or assembly.
- Sharing fundamental engineering principles with relevant staff to increase efficiencies.
- Providing design and engineering assistance to Sales and Applications.
- Assisting the service department by helping with parts selection and providing technical support in-house and at customer sites.
COULD YOU BE OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE? HERE’S A GLIMPSE OF WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Professional diploma in electrical engineering or relevant field (BA in Electrical Engineering preferred).
- OIQ membership for senior designers is an asset.
- 1-3 years of experience in electrical design or a manufacturing support role (senior 5+ years).
- Excellent knowledge of the following software:
- CAD: Ideally, Autodesk Inventor
- PLM: Ideally, Autodesk Vault
- BOM management: Ideally, CAD Link
- MS Office suite
- Effective communication in English (both written and spoken) and a working knowledge of French.
- Knowledge of electrical design techniques, tools, and principles in producing precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills allow for identifying the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions or approaches to problems.
- Strong technical writing skills
HERE’S HOW WE WOULD TAKE CARE OF YOU:
- Health: Group insurance, including dental and Telemedicine
- Personal Assistance: Employee Assistance Program
- Savings: RRSP-DPSP contributions plan
- Fun: Employee social activities
- To stay in shape: Access our on-site employee’s private gym.
Schedule: Monday to Friday, 8h00 to 16h30
HERE’S WHERE TO FIND US… WE’D LOVE TO HAVE YOU IN PERSON.
We are located in beautiful Ste. Anne de Bellevue (20655 Boul. Industriel, Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue) is only a 25-minute drive from the Decarie Expressway; or 11 minutes from Vaudreuil-Dorion. Here you will find and enjoy peaceful green spaces away from the busyness of downtown along with free parking.